September 11, 2007

A Walk in the Woods....

For the past few days I was feeling somewhat gloomy.. but was not able to find out the reason for my depression. Sundays are usually lazy with lots of time to….well do nothing! So, I decided to spend a good amount of time with myself (ofcourse) in the *confession room*…just to understand the rationale of being the Murky Me. When I came out of the room, my depression took the shape of confusion and I was clueless as how the forecast of a heavy spending can be the reason for my despair.

I was trying hard to interpret the reason for my heavy spending. I checked all my bills. Made sure the rent of the month is paid. Also, confirmed if by faintest possibility I owe money to anyone! The answer was a NO for all! Then what is it that needs a lot of my hard earned money and what is it that's making me depressed even before I've started spending?

…. I could hear a faint sound.. first slowly, but later became loud. I immediately recognized the voice of fiend Sanj from within, who was shouting "Wardrobe Upgrade Wardrobe Upgrade!!" She was sounding so meanly happy while saying "...the day is not very far for this heavy expenditure dear lady!" Kept on taunting me by emphasizing its a SIZE upgrade and not style upgrade!

Well the truth is.... am finding it a lil difficult to get into most of my trousers these days and now left with the only pair of formal trouser that my sis gave me couple of months before. All this while the trouser was resting in my wardrobe coz it was just too big for me (sis gave me a pair that was 4 times bigger than my regular size). Maybe she could sense the future!!

I have all the reason to be depressed, especially when I know am in no position, both mentally and financially, for this wardrobe upgrade, which not to forget, reads *heavy expense*. So, I decided to start EXERCISING to shed all those extra unwanted corpulent from the body.

The enthu and energy level both were at their high…or maybe I wanted miracle to happen and on the first day of exercise I wanted to look spruce … so I kept walking, without caring where I was heading…,simply followed the road and reached a dead end that looked more like a well maintained forest! Yup.. if its not Singapore, I would have just said Forest.. but in Singapore, even a Forest is well kept, properly groomed and so much so that the local wildlife gets adapted well to the urban environment.

I reached the entrance that read Bukit Batok Nature's Park (BBNP) and the path directly lead me to the quarry lake - - a relic from the mining days of the region. Am tongue-tied seeing the rustic beauty in super urban Singapore and would prefer not to exhibit my unintelligible writing by attempting to describe the beauty of the Nature. The serene ambience of the park provides an ideal backdrop for a peaceful nature walk…also there are couple of benches for the visitors to rest and absorb the tranquility of BBNP.


A poignant me went for the WALK and a refreshed and cheerful me returned with a silent thank you to my chubbiness and a promise to make this gorgeous place my weekend buddy.

No comments: